Thank you for using It’s Your Venue!
Last Updated: 19th June 2019
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you use the It’s Your Venue Platform.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an It’s Your Venue Account, we require certain information such as your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile Information. To use certain features within the It’s Your Venue Platform, we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, and gender. Certain parts of your profile (like your profile picture, first name, and description) are a part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Services to process payments.
- Communications with It’s Your Venue and other Members. When you communicate with It’s Your Venue or use the Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your It’s Your Venue Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the It’s Your Venue Platform.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the It’s Your Venue Platform.
When you use the It’s Your Venue Platform, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the It’s Your Venue Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the It’s Your Venue Platform.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the It’s Your Venue Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, post code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the It’s Your Venue, even if you have not created an It’s Your Venue Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the It’s Your Venue Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the It’s Your Venue Platform.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the It’s Your Venue Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the It’s Your Venue Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the It’s Your Venue Platform.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your It’s Your Venue Account with a third party service (e.g., Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Your References. If someone has written a reference for you, it will be published on your It’s Your Venue public profile page.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, It’s Your Venue may obtain the local version of background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the It’s Your Venue Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the It’s Your Venue Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the It’s Your Venue Platform.
- Enable you to access and use the It’s Your Venue Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the It’s Your Venue Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Venue address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms & Conditions.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about It’s Your Venue or partner campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by It’s Your Venue or its third party business partners.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent.
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your It’s Your Venue Account.
3.2 Sharing between Hosts, Guests and Suppliers.
3.2.1 To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information with other Members as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Host and/or the Supplier including your full name, the type of Event, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- When you as a Host and/or a Supplier have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, and Venue full address or type of Supplier.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members
The information passed on to Guests, Hosts & Suppliers is to ensure the smooth running of an event. Should Guests, Hosts or Suppliers contact each other and organise or finalise an event outside of It’s Your Venue, and It’s Your Venue has exchanged the details, It’s Your Venue is still entitled to their commission. As long as It’s Your Venue introduces and exchanges details, It’s Your Venue will still aim to take commission on any bookings.
3.3 Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
The It’s Your Venue Platform lets you publish information that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Public Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Venue or Supplier’s approximate location (neighbourhood and city), Listing description, calendar availability, the Host and/or Supplier’s public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information the Host chooses to share.
- After completing a booking, Guests and Hosts may write reviews and rate each other. Reviews are a part of your public profile page.
- If you submit content in a public forum or social media post, or use a similar feature on the It’s Your Venue Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Information you share publicly on the It’s Your Venue Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
We may display parts of the It’s Your Venue Platform (e.g., your Listing page) on sites operated by It’s Your Venue’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the It’s Your Venue Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
4.2 Linking Third Party Accounts.
You may link your It’s Your Venue Account with your account at a third party social networking service. Your contacts on these third party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your It’s Your Venue Account profile;
- your activities on the It’s Your Venue Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the It’s Your Venue Platform and/or that third party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your It’s Your Venue public profile;
- other It’s Your Venue users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other It’s Your Venue users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to It’s Your Venue through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the It’s Your Venue Platform and the third party site.
4.3 Google Maps/Earth.
5. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The It’s Your Venue Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). It’s Your Venue doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, It’s Your Venue, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR CHOICES
6.1 Access and Update.
You may review, update, or delete the information in your It’s Your Venue Account by logging into your It’s Your Venue Account and reviewing your Account settings and profile.